Saturday, October 20, 2012

Farewell

As I sit in this lovely hotel bar with nothing to do on a Saturday night but drink a vodka tonic, it's a sad moment as the thoughts of my family leaving in the very early morning linger in the back of my head. But for now I'll let my mind venture back to when dad and Auntie Paula first arrived. I can still remember crossing the street in a giddy galloping strut waiting to get a familiar person into my arms. I had a cafe con leche in hand and I just grabbed my aunt, as dad was trying with not a lot of success to ask where the apartment that we were staying was. Why am i being so descriptive? I have no clue. I guess because it's a Saturday and I'm bored.

So lets see. Sunday they get here. We go touring the city, we go into the Cathedral and to the top of the serrano towers just outside the study center. When we got to our apartment in port Saplaya we ate a delicious italian meal out in the plaza.

Monday was great. I opened a bank account only speaking spanish. Granted it took me about two and a half hours but hey that's something for me. Especially since I'm a little timid when it comes to speaking spanish. Roxanne, Paula's friend came along for the trip as well and arrived on Tuesday. So anyway I guess I'll just give you the highlights of my trip.

#1 We went shopping. Lots and lots of shopping. I got the cutest green dress with birds on it that I can't wait to wear and many other things. I've even bought a few gifts for friends and family.

#2 We went to the central market. It was awesome. This of course was my fourth or fifth time going but I think I just loved being able to explore and see different things with the fam. We got some good stuff too. I'm pretty sure Roxanne bought like six bottles of olive oil. But hey that's ok because we're on vacation.

#3 Found the best Paella place ever. Ok it was really expensive but hey it was some damn goos Paella.

Last but not least #4. When we were in Port Saplaya at some other delicious italian restaurant, where I had the best pizza ever. I'm taking my roommates there. I don't care if we have to take a cab. I met Suni, well at least that's how I'll write it but je was so sweet. We went back there three times. He gave me his jacket one time bcause I was cold. It smelt strongly of cologne and cigarette smoke. Oh jeez that's my favorite. Sorry Colin, You might have some competition ;)

I think that's all I have to say. I still have a lot of vodka tonic to drink. Until next time.

Gosh I've missed blogging

No comments:

Post a Comment