Saturday, October 6, 2012

melancholy


This past week has been well not great. There are ups and downs in the world and this week was a down. Whether it's because I'm not longer traveling around this glorious country or because I miss my friends and family back home. My eyes have kind of been glued to facebook going through pictures of all of my friends back home It's weird but I'm savoring the memories I had with my friends and am experiencing the new memories they are making. The highlight of my week was getting a pack of m & ms from a friend when I was sick. He knew   I didn't feel well and so he went to the store and bought me m&ms. It was such a sweet gesture. I've been a little lazy the past few days. I've been enjoying my time laying in my bed and watching movies. I watched The Lucky One, The fighter and Savages. Don't be mad mom, I promise I'm studying and doing my work. I'm just resting trying to fight a bad cough and cold. Also, someone got me the new Mumford and Sons CD and I've just been listening to it over and over again. Marcus Mumford has put me to sleep the past few nights. Another thing that was great was that I heard from my high school spanish teacher. Hopefully, I can go visit him while on winter break. That man was a life savor for me at different times of the year, whether he knew it or not.  Yesterday was Friday which means no classes and a day trip. Many kids went to Munich for Oktoberfest and others went to Ibiza I don't know if that's how you spell it. It's an island off of Spain that's like the biggest party island. Apparently Lady Gaga was there. Even though I'm not a fan that would have been cool to see her. Anyway back to Friday, We got up at 9:00 and left for a winery and brewery that was about an hour and a half away. The winery was sweet. It was this big museum of like a little village type home and then we got to see how they made wine and tried two different kinds. Wine isn't my favorite so I only tried a little. Other people were gulping it down. After the winery we went and saw how silk was made and toured these underground caves. They wandered all around underneath this city. tHERE  were these huge jugs that held wine, bread, water and oil. There were slugs on the walls and wells that went on for forever. Then we went and had the best spanish ever. By this time it was about two and everyone was hungry. We sat down and waiting for us were these long sweet peppers and potato chips. Then a salad came out with apples, tomatoes goat cheese walnuts and other stuff. Along with the salad there were many baskets of bread and oil. Then there was a calamari croquette followed by a mushroom croquette followed by a shrimp kabob followed by a pork tenderloin with potatoes followed by cinnamon ice cream with a french toast type dessert followed by cafe con leche followed by sweet wine. Holy shit it was good but it was a lot of food. 

Ok I'm writing a lot but after lunch we went to a brewery. Let's be honest my choice of drink is Vodka so I wasn't a fan of the beer either but it was still fun to try it and taste different types of beers. When we got home I napped finished watching the savages and then went to an italian restaurant with Abby, Alex and Meredith. Ate a fantastic cheese ravioli that was totally worth the 11 euros and went home and fell asleep. I hope my tired body can get out of this study center soon and stop watching movies. Everyone went out last night and I fell like I missed out on a lot of fun but I'm just in a funk hopefully some afternoon shopping and a good dinner will pull me out from the bottom of this suffocating pool. Until next. Here are some pictures!







No comments:

Post a Comment