Friday, October 26, 2012

This past week

Let's see. There isn't that much to talk about. Oh I know, Tuesday I went to the police station because I was applying for a residency card which I should get in about 40 days. Wednesday almost all of the students here made different american style dishes and then we took the tram to the university and had diner with spanish students. Obviously, they made spanish food. YUMMMM. One girl made this french toast type of thing that was just amazing. There were meat balls and spanish omelets. Bread with tomato spread--one of my favorites, sausage and just a bunch of really yummy food. Abby and I were feeling a little lazy so we made a fruit salad with apples, peaches, bananas and pineapple. It was pretty good. We wanted to put watermelon in it, but they didn't have any. None at consum or the fruteria. Bummer but hey it's ok. I met a lot of really nice spaniards. They would talk to us in English and we wold respond in spanish. Well, that's at least what I did, I don't know what the other kids did. Thursday, I was stressed. Doing homework and studying for a quiz I have on Tuesday so I didn't get to have much  fun. Actually, I lied. A group of 8 of us went to this Italian restaurant and I got a vegetable lasagna. Holy shit it was really good. I wrote a couple letters as well. Lori, I don't know if you read this, but you have two coming your way. I'm sorry for the long wait. There arren't that many days until I come home and get to see everyone over Christmas break. Ahhhhh I love it here but I am so excited to come home and see my parents and brother and to hang out with friends.

Today we went to the Bejis mountains. It was kind of a hard hike for me but I managed. My right foot, especially my right ankle, isn't very happy with me right now but whatever. I can do anything that anyone else can do. I just might be in the back of the line and I may be struggling to keep up but Colin and Angel, I think that's how you spell his name, stayed back with me. They helped me climb over rocks and puddles and stuff like that. It was really pretty. There was a point where I was hugging this slippery rock and people basically carried me through this one section. It get's embarrassing sometimes and most of the times I wish I could be like everyone else but I can't. And that's okay. I have had the best groups of people surrounding me my whole life that help me along. Every single one of you has helped me in one way or another. And for that I thank you.

For now, I am going to go out to dinner with Colin and then grab my bottle of vodka and orange juice because it's the weekend and I can. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment