Saturday, November 3, 2012

Halloween and more

Yes I am here. I  have just been walking around. Enjoying the company of my friends and discovering new things and places. I haven't really been feeling myself lately. I don't know if it's that the weather is changing or that I am just missing home but I feel a little bit down in the dumps. I feel so bad sometimes that I fell this way, but it's just a part of my life and I'm afraid it always will be. I feel guilty honestly, there are people who I love and adore that have cancer or a family member just passed and here I am sulking in my lovely wood-beamed ceiling in Spain. It just doesn't seem right to me, you know?

Anyway that was my thoughtfulness, if that's what I should call it, for the week. Or the next few days. I really am not feeling fantastic but let me try to recap the past week.

First of all, three day week, four day weekend...what??? Monday and Tuesday were very slow and boring but Halloween was on Wednesday. It is not a very celebrated holiday in Spain. For those that do dress up, they look scary. Like I'm not kidding, Wooh. Blood, zombies, vampires, they really play up the scary make-up. So then the lovely Americans come outside and this is what happens. Stares. Some boys were in boxers and an apron, some girls let it all out, others were just too drunk. Yay for the americans on that one, Justing Kidding. We looked like fools. I was a spain super-hero. I liked it but here they think it's all about being scary. I guess in the states it's changed a little. So after exploring the streets for a bit, there were just too many drunk annoying people out for me so at about 3 I went home and fell asleep.  Plus the government building was blocked off and there was just too much chaos for me.
Thursday was Colin's birthday and he finally turned 18 so we had some celebrating to do. We went to a lebanese restaurant for lunch got some yummy ice cream, then went and got sangria followed by this good alcoholic smoothy then we went out to dinner. Had pizza and wine and just celebrated. It was a lot of fun and this place where we got pizza had the best tiramisu. Ahh. Yesterday was friday and I laid in bed a lot. Read my book went out for dinner again, I think, for some reason I don't remember. I went to see skyfall with colin but we didn't get to see it because he accidentally left his wallet in the taxi but he got it back this morning. Crisis averted but of course there was no money in it. Oh well. We are going later tonight with more people. I think I'll pay this time. And yes, the movie is in English.





No comments:

Post a Comment