Friday, November 23, 2012

Well hello All!

Oh my Goodness it sure has been awhile. Right when I got back from Madrid, the countdown started. After today I have 23 days! Can you believe it? Because I sure can't! I can't believe how long I have been here and how soon I will be home. When I get home, I will have so much to do. Visit family, hang out with friends, visit teachers, get my hair cut, visit red robin and the list goes on and on!! There isn't much to update everyone on unless you want to listen to me list all of the work I need to get done this weekend. And no I actually haven't been procrastinating. Well, okay maybe just a little. Well back in Madrid, we went to a Flamenco show and had dinner. It was beautiful. The dancers were so passionate and the singers were really good and damn those guitarists sure could play. We had a nice 4 course meal and lots of Sangria and then we went off to a bar. But didn't stay long, I wanted to get back to the hotel. I'm not sure if anyone heard about the strike here or in Greece or Portugal, but there was one. And our hotel was a two minute walk from the main plaza where it was being held. It was totally safe but kind of scary. There were two times the police starting shooting rubber bullets and I had to run with the crowd and there was lots of chanting and yelling. One kid got hit by that stick the police have. I don't know what it's called. So after my experience of the strike, I decided that I had had enough and went back to the hotel and slept.

I also got to see where Cervantes was born and grew up. It was interesting but kind of like any other tour.  So once we arrived back in Valencia, I had the weekend to finish some homework, do laundry, go grocery shopping and buy gifts for Christmas and stuff like that. The week resumed back to normal. Classes and other boring stuff.

Yesterday was Thanksgiving, obviously and yes we had class. which is kind of disappointing but what can I do about it. Anyway, after class I went shopping with Abby for a dress. I found a dress and some boots to where to dinner. The study center was preparing a lovely Thanksgiving meal for us. It was great getting to spend this holiday with such good friends and a new family but I was still missing home a little bit. Getting on Facebook, I would see all of my friends together in pictures and I wish I could have been there but hey, at least I'm in a great place like Valencia, Spain. After dinner, Colin, Abby and I went and had a couple glasses of Sangria at a restaurant. Yummm, it's really my favorite. Get ready friends, I'm making Sangria for you!

So I guess that ends it for now.  I will see you all very soon!

with love,
Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment