Thursday, January 3, 2013

back to school


 I’m sorry it has been so long. I decided to not blog while home in Cincinnati. Yes, I had a wonderful time while I was home. Celebrating with champagne and red wine. Yes, I enjoyed every cigarette, knowing when I came back to Valencia, Colin wouldn’t like it if I was smoking. New Years Resolution: Quit smoking… I doubt I can do it but I’m going to try!

So, here I am, once again. Fighting jet leg and waiting. Waiting to get home to Valencia. The Madrid airport has become my biggest enemy. Who wants to sit around in a hard chair with pretzels and trail mix for eight hours? Is there anyone that wants to take me place? You are more than welcome. It would be so cool if there were a direct flight from Cincinnati to Valencia. I wouldn’t complain. HAHA yeah right, if you know me you know I can find something to complain about. But yes, I realize I have nothing to be complaining about. I have another eight amazing months to look forward to. Traveling around Europe, drinking, eating good food and barley studying. My friends are in the US struggling through classes and here I am, whining about a trip that has and will continue to change my life. As I sit here listening to Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls, my mind wanders to the thoughts that this could have never happened to me. I have been given an amazing opportunity and this semester I am living it up. I think last semester was a transition and although I lived for every minute, many days were spent curled up in bed watching movies and wasting away hours on the computer. I have a trip to London already planned. Colin and I are planning trips to Prague, Istanbul and the Canary Islands. I’m living it up this semester. I promised Colin I would go out once a week and I want to travel almost every weekend. Well shit, when I come back I’m going to be broke.  Budgeting is going to save my money, if I can stick to it, but damn the clothes are just so cute.  I’ll being sitting in Madrid for another three hours maybe I’ll open the trail mix. Or peanut M&M’s. I should add that peanut M&M’s are my weakness.

I look forward to seeing everyone in August but until then I hope my blogging stays up to date so you can read everything I’m doing. Once again, I’m not censoring anything. I’ll let you know what happens. As much as this is a journey for me it’s a journey for you as well. I’m not leaving anything out. That includes good and bad days. So here we go. Day One.

No comments:

Post a Comment