Monday, January 7, 2013

The new and the old

So I arrived Thursday afternoon and was very excited to see new and old faces. All of the people I knew welcomed me with opened arms and the new faces were open to say hello. But may I add that it is Monday and I am still seeing new faces!! Everywhere I turn I feel like I'm meeting new people. There are 85 students this semester. It is a lot bigger than last semester and there are people and every apartment which is quite the opposite of last semester where there were only 5 apartments being used instead of nine. Friday night I mingled and went out drinking with everyone and then went to La 3 with a big group. Yes, I actually went out. Which is unusual. As I am frequently the grandma of the group and love sleeping. But I stayed out until 3:30 and then called it quits and went back to the study center. I was awoken by a loud knock on Saturday by a beautiful face. Colin got here bright and early Saturday and I was very happy to see him. I meant to get up and take a shower and look somewhat presentable for when he got here but I snoozed my alarm too many times and then eventually just turned it off. Saturday I spent the day with Colin. We went out to lunch and unpacked and just enjoyed seeing each other. I don't know why but I can't think of what we dis, even though I remember going out but I can't think of what we did. I made fajitas that night for the two of us and anyone else that wanted what was left over. I went to bed that night super early because I was still suffering from jet-leg and wanted to sleep. Sunday we were all ready for Eric, Colin's roommate, to get back but he didn't arrive until late afternoon on Sunday. It was his birthday and we were all excited to go out to dinner and drink with eric. Colin and i watched 8 mile while we were waiting for his arrival. Not gonna lie, I think I like that movie. Today we had academic orientation and met our teachers and stuff like that. After Alex, Colin and I went to pAN de Queso and got food and then went off shopping. I bought a new coat which I really needed and then came back and made some eggplant recipe. It was so yummy!! My goal this semester is if I'm going to eat out I'll eat out for lunch and then cook for dinner. Tomorrow night I'm going to attempt to make lasagna without the noodles. I'm trying to get better at cooking but I will say myself, I've been doing pretty well so far. Haha, even though it's only been two days. Well tomorrow I start a whole new round of classes at 9 am. Wish me luck!

Hasta pronto!

No comments:

Post a Comment