Thursday, January 17, 2013

Went to London

I'm a little bit behind I know but I've been busy booking more trips and going to class. London was an amazing place but it was freezing cold. Abby and I stayed in a hostel called the green man inn. It was a decent hostel. The covers and pillow were great but the beds were just fine. It was in the middle eastern part of town. There were a bunch Iraqi and Lebanese restaurants. Saturday night we went and tried Iraqi food. It was really good! I highly recommend it. The hostel was super close to the underground so it wasn't hard getting around. Friday night when we arrived we went to a play, Mouse Trap, it was in a smaller beautiful theater. It was older and very nice. We got lost though so we were ten minutes late but the people didn't care. They took us to our seats and it was easy to follow along. Saturday we went to Westminster Abby, St. Paul's Cathedral, saw Big Ben and the House of Parliament as well as the London Eye. We went to the tower of London as welL. I thought it was really cool to see the London bridge since it was seen so many times during the Olympics. We of course saw Buckingham Palace and the changing of the guards as well. Sunday was my favorite though. We went to Camden town and did some shopping. That's where I spent the majority of my money. haha. Everything is so expensive. When we went out to eat I normally ordered the cheapest thing I could find so that I could shop more lol. After Camden Town we went down to see Harrods. The big department store in London. It was really pretty and fun to walk around but seriously? I'm not dropping 250 pounds on a hand bag. Ya right, maybe when I'm super wealthy one day. We ate fish and chips for lunch because everyone said that it was a must. So delicious. I want to go back to London just for the fish and chips. If I go back to London this year, which I am considering, I'd like to go in the summer and go without any plans. Just go to pubs and get drunk and meet people. After Harrods and lunch, we still had a few hours before we needed to get back on the tube and head to the airport. So what did we do? Went to Starbucks. It was a nice break from the cold weather and I was able to get a chai tea latte with skim milk, my favorite! We soon after went to the bus station, hopped on the bus and waited to head back home to Valencia. I had a great weekend but I'm glad to be out of the cold weather and back to where the sun is shinning everyday.

Monday night, Colin and I booked a trip for the Canary Island for March. That is a place that I have been waiting to go to so I am so exciting that we found such a cheap flight. 30 euros. Ya, beat that haha. I am also trying to book a trip to Morocco for three weeks. My credit card isn't working thogh, so hopefully my mom or dad can help me out with fixing it and then I will be off to Africa!! AHHH I can't  wait!

Chao!

No comments:

Post a Comment