Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Madrid

Ahh Finally a break, a break from this madness. Today there was history in the making here in Madrid. For the first tie 3 countries were on strike at the same time. Spain, Greece and portugal and I got to be a part of this madness. There were guns, police attacking people, tear gas noise noise noise. It was and still is quite intense. It will be a little bit of madness until 6 when the protesters have a permit to actually protest. Anyway, today we went to the Reina Sofia museum where a lot of the modern art is and then went to el Prado. Saw Las Maninas. Which was really cool considering I can remember being in Mrs. Margraf's spanish class junior year learning about it and then I saw it in real life.  Yesterday we went to The valley of the Fallen. It's where Franco is buried and is a monument to the civil war in Spain. Very peaceful but eerie all at the same time. Then we were off to Segovia to see the Roman Aqueduct and cathedral and castle. We took a tour of the castle which was fun, although I would have rather had a tour of the Cathedral. But before any of that happened I went to this nice restaurant and tried some Sopa Castanilla.  I think That is what it was called but I honestly don't remember. Now I have a break which is why I thought I could tell you a little bit about my trip so far. At 7 we are going to a Flamenco show and dinner, I'm very excited. It will be my first Flamenco show here in Spain and I've heard it's best in Madrid. Plus it's normally pretty expensive except for us it's free tonight. Why not go?? Good night.

With love from Madrid,
Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment