Sunday, September 2, 2012

Apartment Six

I got to Valencia on Thursday but it has been a busy few days. I got to the study center about 30 minutes before orientation started. I met y roommate, Sarah and my apartment mates. We all have been partying in up in Apartment six. It's definitely a wild party. Will and Elliot share a room, keight and his brother austin share a room. The girls are up a floor it's pretty sweet with a spiral staircase and stuff. Sarah and I share a room. Abby and Galen share a room. Alex and Maggie share a room.  Personally apartment six has the best view and late at night it seems that the party is in our kitchen. Friday night Abby and I went to a little restaurant around the corner, bought some cigs for me and had a beer. We sat there talked about life. She's from Chicago. Abby tried a Sangria (sp?) and said it was really good. Beer is pretty cheap here. I had a good sized beer for two euros. There are probably about 50 students in the study center. I'm really enjoying myself. The people are very nice and want to help. I'd really like to have a glass of wine but right now i'm sticking with the beer and vodka.

The apartment across the hall is apartment 7 and last night I hung out with a few of them. Kim, Mary, Collin, Sam, Matt, Derek, eric and Adam. Hopefully I didn't forget anyone.

In Spain, no one can buy alcohol after 10. While I was out with the group I said above, we met a very interesting man from Pakistan, Omar who sells a beer for one euro late into the night.  The latest I've gone to bed is 4 and that's pretty early I guess.  Anyways, Omar was such a sweet man, I hope that when I go out tonight I'll see him. He gave me a beer for free. Right after We left Omar, I saw a man that Elliot had bought a rose from for Abby and I and he gave me a rose for free. Mary took a picture of me with the beer and rose in hand. It really was a great night. There is this place where someone can look down this open glass fountain thing filled with water and see the Roman ruins. It's something else. I separated myself from the group just  a little bit and was sitting by the ruins. It's a serene place to think. It is truly incredible that I am in a different country I'm having the time of my life and although I miss my family and friends I don't ever want to come home...It's time to go because Will is calling me the blog master. He's cheering me on. Definitely time to go

No comments:

Post a Comment