Thursday, September 13, 2012

Breaks

I had to take a break from blogging because there wasn't that much to talk about. Last night I ate dinner with apartment seven. Sam is a great cook and made a basil and tomato salad and flounder with mango salsa. One of the best meals I've had while I've been here. A couple nights ago I bought these really pretty earrings that are made out of wood. I bought them from this woman who had dreadlocks and was just a very interesting, cool person. I'd like to go back and buy more stuff from her after I get more money. I can think of a lot of things that some of my friends would like from there. Oh I thought of something, I lost my jar of peanut butter and am very sad about it. Peanut butter here isn't great and it's really expensive compared to back home. I've been doing a lot of walking. I have a couple of really good blisters on my right foot. I definitely didn't pack enough nice clothes. My dad is coming to visit in about a month I think and I will be requesting a lot of stuff. I think it was two days ago that Abby and I went for a bike ride. We both have rented bikes for the year which is a really great deal. But anyway, the bikers here ride in the street with the buses ad taxis and drivers. Needless to say, when we found the next available place to dump our bikes we did and decided to just run home.  On Tuesday my culture and Civilization of Spain class went to the central market and la lonja which I realize that I talked about on my last blog so never mind. When we were at the central market, one of the biggest markets in Europe, Sarah and I found this stall that was selling different types of pastries. We saw this pastry with chocolate so we bought one to split for breakfast the next day. There was also a cool coffee stall and I would say that I had the best coffee I've had while I've been here. When we walked around the fish section we saw eels. The butcher was cutting them up, it was really gross but cool. Once the heads are cut off, they still move! Ewwww. There was a lady and man buying the cut up eels so I tapped her on the shoulder and, yes in spanish, asked what they would make with them. Some type of spicy potato and ham thing was her answer. It actually sounded kind of good. I still really want to have a traditional spanish dinner. I mean yes I've had tapas but I've been here for two weeks now and have yet to have Paella. Oh wait that's a lie haahaha never mind. I went to a buffet type place after the arts and sciences museum and had some. I have a good amount of homework to do before next weeks classes. But after next week We are all packing up and going to the Pyrenees. This study abroad program is so amazing and I am so fortunate to be here. Tomorrow we are going to Javea to snorkel and do other water sports things, It's an all day event so I probably won't have time to blog but I'll try my best.

With love,   Stacey


No comments:

Post a Comment