Saturday, September 22, 2012

Home

This is truly becoming my home and although I have my ups and my downs I'm really starting to enjoy myself. I went to Oktoberfest last night with a group of friends. It was sTudent night so for 8 euros we got 2 liters of beer. I didn't finish one, so I guess I learned my lesson. I won't buy both. But it didn't go to waste because a friend drank the other one for me. I've been trying to get in contact with my high school spanish teacher but I haven't heard anything so I wonder if I have the wrong e-mail. Anyways, What else is there to tell? I'm supposed  to be going to Mallorca after the Pyrenees next week but the plane ticket  price shot up! So I think we are just going to stay in Barcelona and take a bus back to Valencia on Sunday. Which I'm sure will also be fun. This afternoon Galen, Abby and I went to "the left" which is basically turning left out of the study center instead of going right like we usually do. We just wandered a lot. Found some sketchy places and streets and pretty cool Graffiti. We were pretty hungry and found this place that had lebanese food. It looked kind of gross from the outside but when we walked in everything was white and it was really pretty, plus not that expensive at all. We had some hummus and I ate something that started with an S but it was delicious and most likely not healthy at all. There was lamb and cabbage and a really good sauce in it and was wrapped in a pita. I think it was somewhat similar to a gyro but I don't actually know. Abby got the same thing but with chicken and Galen had a falafel. I tried it and if we ever go back there, which I know we will, that's what I'm getting. It was so yummy. Last night, a big group of us went to a jazz club and listened to a girl from UC Berkeley sing. She was really fantastic and I really enjoyed having a night off away from the clubs and alcohol even though I did have a drink while we were there. It was kind of expensive too, but this girl was fantastic and it was totally worth the admission price. Plus, everyone was dressed up and it was something different to do.

That's all that has really been going on here. On Monday, we are going to the Pyrenees for a week. Which means that we don't have classes and then after going to the Pyrenees our bus is going to drop off a group of students and go to Barcelona. Can you all tell I wrote this entry over two days?? I already wrote about that but oh well.  It will be my first traveling experience while I've been here without it being sponsored through the study center.
Lately I have been feeling a little blue about home. So many of my friends on facebook and twitter keep talking about how nice it is to lay in their bed with their dog at home and see their parents. I love it here but that makes me miss my bed. This is definitely a transition but every day it get's a little bit easier. I get closer to my friends and more comfortable with classes. Plus, I can't be too homesick or I wouldn't be enjoying the opportunity that I have been given to be here. I probably won't post until I get back from the Pyrenees because I don't know what the internet connection will be like but if I have the opportunity I will catch all of you up on my most recent adventure. Until next time, Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment