Monday, September 3, 2012

Classes and Stress

Started the day off by actually getting out of bed by 8:30 instead of the usual noon. I walked to the open market with Keight, Alex and two other girls from another apartment, Meredith and Jennifer. We are still buying groceries as an apartment and I spent about 11 euros on fruit and veggies for a whole week which was about 1.25 euros a person. vI'm still very impressed and over taken by the culture here. Everyone is so thin and the eating times are so different than in the states. Everyday my spanish gets a little bit better and I'm having fun helping other people learn more. Alex helps me a lot because she' fluent. After that we had an academic orientation for about two hours, met our professors and talked about classes. I get that this is more of a cultural experience but seriously i feel so stressed out. There are so many traveling opportunities and I'm afraid that I won't have anytime for studying . . . haha I'm a nerd. 


I skyped with Amy this afternoon and she told me that she was laughing at my blog   I thought this thing was kind of boring but if I can amuse one person I'll be happy.

I finally bought a metro/tram/bike pass today too. I got it for about 33 euros which I think is pretty decent. I can bike around for a year now and use the tram and metro for ten trips. I'm really enjoying everything and all the people. It's amazing how much our apartment is getting along. We all seem to like each other, at least I like everyone. 

These past two days even though they have been amazing have been kind of hard for me. I've really been missing home and my family and friends. I doubt anyone is actually reading this but I think this blog might end up being good therapy for me. I can let my emotions go. Um it's about 10 pm and classes start tomorrow. Did I say that I'm nervous? haha ya I am. Goodnight everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment